Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ChicagoVPS New Design
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ChicagoVPS New Design

So I was going to pay for my VPS today, and I saw the new design ChicagoVPS has.

http://www.chicagovps.net/

I have to say, dark is a beautiful theme so long as it's done properly.

Also, KVM?

Comments

• jakejake Member

Looks like ChicagoVPS is trying to target the SSD market... all VPS's offered are either SSD cached or purely SSD. I am with you @Rallias generally not a fan of "dark" sites but I must say this is a very rare exception, they managed to pull this off beautifully, huge improvement from the old design.

• @jake said:
    Looks like ChicagoVPS is trying to target the SSD market... all VPS's offered are either SSD cached or purely SSD. I am with you Rallias generally not a fan of "dark" sites but I must say this is a very rare exception, they managed to pull this off beautifully, huge improvement from the old design.

Oh absolutely, it's the only dark neo-tech theme I can think of that's actually good.

• awsonawson Member
    edited July 2013

Very nice theme. Now to wait for their $7 2GB KVM offer.

Edit: Looks like they're already doing 1.5GB. https://billing.chicagovps.net/cart.php?gid=31

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited July 2013

I really like this new design actually, yeah they seem like they want to dominate the KVM and SSD markets too. Interesting.

• done with the $70+ of...

• jimaekjimaek Member

Some icons look stretched but in general the template is very nice.

• ATHKATHK Member

Not responsive, do not like.

• Nice design :)

• It's a little too dark for my taste but on overall it looks good.

• Not a bad theme. I like it personally. It's even somewhat usable on a mobile device, which not many sites are.

• "Security is our Top Priority"

Brain overload, must resist hack related joke.

• jakejake Member
    edited July 2013

@GetKVM_Ash said:
    "Security is our Top Priority"

Brain overload, must resist hack related joke.

In all fairness, the recent incidents were not directly the fault of ChicagoVPS, and every provider out in the sun was vulnerable as they were hit by another 0day exploit separate from what affected RamNode (the vulnerable PHP file). Countless number of other providers would of been affected if it weren't for ChicagoVPS getting hacked, I cannot tell you how many hosts I used turned off their Solus panel after CVPS was compromised. Following ChicagoVPS getting hacked, SolusVM started to take their security seriously and started a full internal/external audit. As a customer, I am appreciative of this but it is sad to see it take a large provider to be hacked before SolusVM would actually start a code audit...

IMHO, it looks like CVPS are really trying to show that they are changing for the better, with KVM / SSD VPS, and the new site, etc. Change is good - and I wish them the best. If only they offered purely SSD on KVM I would pick one up in a heartbeat.

• Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
    edited July 2013

@jake said:
    IMHO, it looks like CVPS are really trying to show that they are changing for the better, with KVM / SSD VPS, and the new site, etc. Change is good - and I wish them the best. If only they offered purely SSD on KVM I would pick one up in a heartbeat.

That's not the incident I'm referring too. Even i have to admit they dealt with the SolusVM stuff well.

• @ATHK said:
    Not responsive, do not like.

Define "responsive". What makes it a necessity?

• jakejake Member

Well, I bet security is indeed their top priority now after the recent events, I am sure it is on the top of their radar on high alert haha. In fact, it should be a high priority for every web host considering how dangerous the hosting industry has been the past few months, with exploit after exploit coming out...

• some reason it reminds me of knownhost.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Thats the best dark/black design i've seen around.

• @Rallias said:
    Define "responsive". What makes it a necessity?

ATHK doesn't like anything that isn't ridden with bootstrap and 100% responsive.

I can't say I enjoy every single site I visit looking the same.

Kill bootstrap pls.

• ATHKATHK Member

@MrObvious doesn't have to be bootstrap to be responsive.

Bootstrap only looks the same when the website doesn't have a proper graphics artist.

• I like the new design.. Very nicely done.

• The new theme has been implemented today or yesterday as I didn't came to see few days ago when I visited them.

BTW its really Beautiful, and a lot better if compared to the old Design.
    They changed from white to black.

The only thing, I think is that the site is not responsive.

• Looks a bit too dark for my tastes. When are they going to offer something in the UK? Looks like they have East Coast USA pretty well covered.

• design looks way better than previous one. Billing panel integration is quite nice as well. Looks like regular prices are reasonable now. Recently performance of their servers have improved a lot too. Great Going CVPS..

• @asterisk14 said:
    Looks a bit too dark for my tastes. When are they going to offer something in the UK? Looks like they have East Coast USA pretty well covered.

I've heard good things about CVPS, and if they come to the UK/EU, i'll buy a box straight away. Only holding out as ping to US is not as good.

• ZettaZetta Member
    edited August 2013

Waiting for ChicagoVPS New Panel, right now it's missing everything that made KVM great. (ISO reinstall, KVM through local VNC client, Shutdown/Power Off, etc)

@peppr said: Looks like regular prices are reasonable now.

Yeah, I always found that interesting as these "90% OFF super deals" go on "behind the scenes".

• @Zetta said:
    Yeah, I always found that interesting as these "90% OFF super deals" go on "behind the scenes".

Oh yea @CVPS_Chris.. Where is the #winning deal for the new design ;)

• Spelling problems on the site...:)

• And...KVM VPS down, well that's what I get for talking. :)

• Who does CC use as the web designer?

• CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

@Zetta said:
    And...KVM VPS down, well that's what I get for talking. :)

Zetta, please check email. This was sent out prior:

Hello,

You are receiving this service advisory alert because you have one or more VPS's with us that will be impacted by an upcoming maintenance window.

At July 31, 2013 between 10:00 PM - 11:59 PM EDT ChicagoVPS will be performing maintenance on the SSD caching module in place on the hypervisor that your KVM VPS is hosted on, as we have identified a problem which is causing performance degradation.

The expected downtime between this maintenance window is less than 30 minutes. We will do everything in our power to ensure a quick replacement with minimal downtime.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. We apologize for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions or concerns please use our ticket system.

Regards

ChicagoVPS Team