Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS for hosting DNS zone !
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS for hosting DNS zone !

please suggest or offer me a VPS for host poweradmin ... i'm going to host over 50+ domains on it ... so i need super uptime ... please suggest me your ideas ...

thank you !

Comments

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

I would do a small cluster. Have one in LA and NY and possibly more depending on your budget.

When I was running a dns cluster I had LA, NY, Missouri, Seattle, and UK.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

What's your budget?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@AnthonySmith . If ya want to be nice, use link: InceptionHosting

• @bcrlsn : how much it cost me for yearly ... :D i have no idea about budget yet ... :/

• You don't need super uptime, you need a cluster with two or more DNS server. When one down the other would serve as a backup.

A PowerAdmin master of mine eats less than 300MB of RAM. Maybe you can fit it into 256MB VPS with optimizations. I didn't bother optimizing because I have the resources is available.
    PowerDNS slaves would consume much less, mine are < 50MB of RAM.
    Hosted about 40 domain entries.

Go hunt those cheap plans. :D

• @DalComp : where are u host your cluster ? can you PM me the provider please .... thank you for the advice ... :D

• @shyaminayesh : Go for the 256MB yearly plans which cost around 11-15$ per year. Spread to 3 locations from different datacenters and locations.

US-West, US-East and EU sounds fine. You are free to add an ASIA, US Central to the mix if your budget permits. Do let me know if you need specific plans and providers and i shall be be happy to help.

• @peppr : can you please check the inbox please ... :D

• harispharisp Member

Hello, please take a look @ our 256MB plan which you can grab for only 7 $ /quarterly @ click here