Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BuyVM Stallion 2 - About to be released
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BuyVM Stallion 2 - About to be released

jakejake Member

Noticed this on the client area.

Looks like they are releasing Stallion 2 any minute now!

Comments

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

They have been like that like more than an hour :C

• jakejake Member

Yeah, I don't see why their WHMCS install needs to be down while deploying/upgrading a completely separate VPS panel, unless they're testing to see that their WHMCS API module doesn't have a vulnerability like this.

• yywudiyywudi Member

hmm, it's already 5 hours when they start releasing Stallion 2

• MikeInMikeIn Member

:( cant see Stallion 2, I am not a Customer of BuyVM..

@yywudi Maybe fixing some last minute bug's and security checks..

• @jake said:
    Yeah, I don't see why their WHMCS install needs to be down while deploying/upgrading a completely separate VPS panel, unless they're testing to see that their WHMCS API module doesn't have a vulnerability like this.

They are working to add the ability to log in with WHMCS email. That's probably party to do with it.

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

BRACED

• VMVPSVMVPS Member

Awaiting :)

Glorious.

• Nice interface, but I am still kinda disappointed.

• seems like you can't change the port number for the console which makes the console pretty much useless

• no backup feature integrated into the panel

I have a couple vps with them and its gonna expire on August. The truth is buyvm used to be the best Leb provider I mean no one would offer a 128mb vps for only $15 few years ago, but now? I can get a much better vps from ramnode (50gb ssd cache) for the same price

It's time to switch

• awsonawson Member
    edited July 2013

@redjersey said:

>

• seems like you can't change the port number for the console which makes the console pretty much useless

• no backup feature integrated into the panel

>

I don't think you understand what the serial console is for.

And BuyVM don't provide backups. http://wiki.frantech.ca/doku.php/faq

• @redjersey said:
    I can get a much better vps from ramnode (50gb ssd cache) for the same price

Oh hey, it's this discussion again.

• When you click to view individual VPS info, it seems the "Memory" shows under "Overview" tab is incorrect. Also seems nowhere I can find my current installed system info.

• I agree that Stallion 2 just looks like a new theme for end users. But I guess the importance lies on the core. Im sure francisco will improve it and add more functionality as time goes on..

• yywudiyywudi Member

does the ovz nodes down because of new round of Stallion upgrade? check buyvmstatus.com.... so many nodes down

• They literally just had 1-2 minutes of downtime. Also the panel and WHMCS seem to both be down.

• @yywudi said:
    does the ovz nodes down because of new round of Stallion upgrade? check buyvmstatus.com.... so many nodes down

up again. looks like a network outage.

• yywudiyywudi Member

yep, seems network issue, vps node is up, but buyvm.net and Stallion still can't open, though it shows up in buyvmstatus.com

@Ruchirablog said:

• jakejake Member

:( That's a shame

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

The router crapped out this morning so I had to punt it.

The console now has a full ACL system which applies a firewall to not only the serial console on ovz but also on vnc ports. There is also a completely new console in place that isn't java based.

WMCS was down because Aldryic had to run some mass db changes for the new whmcs module. We also didn't want to have a wall of tickets from people that don't read emails.

There is still a few bugs I need to work out. I'm just put getting some lunch right now.

Francisco

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

That explains my ZNC dying D:

Oh and yay Stallion

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

I'm still waiting on Rob to terminate the 10gig :(

It's annoying since the current 10gig card can go months without an issue then other times throw up within a week.

I'll get on his case tomorrow.

Francisco

• I might have to buy myself a BuyVM VPS... /me says goodbye to his dreamed for laptop

Thanked by 1netomx