Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

issue with chicagovps.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

issue with chicagovps.

purepure Member

the attack happened on june 18th. its now the 25th.

i still haven't got my files from them.

did everybody else get their files back?

i've submitted tickets, got useless replies like

"We will notify you once the restoration is complete." - on june 23rd.

"We'll work to restore the files for you. " - on june 22nd.

"The ETA is 24 hours or less, thank you for your patience " - on june 21st.

Comments

• I take it you haven't read your emails recently?

Thanked by 1pure
  • MunMun Member

Which node are you on?

• SpiritSpirit Member

did everybody else get their files back?

Files? What files? After 7 days of excuses they aren't capable to set up even freshly reinstalled VPS with some nodes.

• MunMun Member

@Spirit said:
    Files? What files? After 7 days of excuses they aren't capable to set up even freshly reinstalled VPS with some nodes.

This sounds oddly familiar..........................

• SpiritSpirit Member

Strange thing is that after 6 days of downtime I actually got freshly reinstalled VPS which a bit later dissapeared. I am wondering if some node(s) got wiped out again.
    I tryed to get in touch with them but support department took a day off or something.

• @Spirit said:
    Strange thing is that after 6 days of downtime I actually got freshly reinstalled VPS which a bit later dissapeared. I am wondering if some node(s) got wiped out again.
    I tryed to get in touch with them but support department took a day off or something.

Same here. And the strange part was its hostname (and DNS) were a subdomain of chicagovps.net.

• akzakz Member

@spirit they have been pretty much non existent today im getting pretty angry and tired of waiting. Rather just get a refund and be on my way at this point.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited June 2013

@akz refund? From ChicagoVPS? :) One can dream.. but it's not going to happen. At some point your vps will be finally up and you will be blamed for all tickets disregarding the fact that they forced you to open/reply so many ticket because ignorance, insufficent useless replies by answering machines titled "support guru" and so on...
    This host is just hopeless. I regret to give them second chance.

• @Spirit totally agree..

• akzakz Member
    edited June 2013

@spirit / @MorningIris sigh i guess its time to shop for another provider. What can I use the CVPS for till the 1yr runs out bah! maybe another provider will be reading this and see this as an opportunity to get some new customers :P

• purepure Member

@Rallias said:
    I take it you haven't read your emails recently?

i did very seriously.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited June 2013

@Spirit said "refund? From ChicagoVPS? :) One can dream.. but it's not going to happen."

WRONG! They do offer refunds. Read their TOS.

1.7 Refunds

1.7.1 Refunds are subject to approval by ChicagoVPS on a case by case basis. If a refund is deemed appropriate, then ChicagoVPS will credit your account or refund through PayPal.

1.7.2 Refunds on Credit Card's are subject to a $25 administrative fee for processing.

so if you have a $12 annual plan and paid by credit card you owe them $13 if they issue a full refund :P

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited June 2013

Why not sell your CVPS instead, I'm sure there will be people on here who will take it off your hands for non mission critical stuff ....1'll give you 25cents/month remaining ;-) FIRE SALE!

• SpiritSpirit Member

@DomainBop said:
    WRONG! They do offer refunds. Read their TOS.

Hehe, subject to approval by ChicagoVPS on a case by case basis, a? Look what their knowledgebase say about this "case by case basis":

We do not process refunds for any account holder.

Short and clear.

• Jesus... All this hate about a specific company being slow to the ball. HELLO PEOPLE. VOICE OF REASON HERE. Why don't you ask CVPS how many customers they have? Being able to offer such prices that they do means they have a massive fuckton number, hell, I've chosen not to look at the DB dump but I can imagine you can see how many in it.

Point is, you're talking about a company with a massive fuckton list of customers and as far as I can tell 5-6 support representatives. If you wonder why data recovery, why don't you ask our designated OS reinstaller, @magiobiwan . I'm sure he can give more insight into the matter.

TL;DR: Y'all raging too much. They may be fun to hate, but think of the stress THEY'RE under before you try to add to it.

• @Rallias "Found 9403 VMs"

@pure if each of the vm's they have takes 1 minuet (probably takes longer) for them to repair distributed across their 5-6 employees working 8 hours a day it would take about 3 days. But they had to deal with re-installing nodes and making sure they had no more security vulnerabilities before readding clients. You also need to consider all the requests for data backups restored being made and that probably takes a few minuets to do also.

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@Rallias said:
    Jesus... All this hate about a specific company being slow to the ball. HELLO PEOPLE. VOICE OF REASON HERE. Why don't you ask CVPS how many customers they have? Being able to offer such prices that they do means they have a massive fuckton number, hell, I've chosen not to look at the DB dump but I can imagine you can see how many in it.

Point is, you're talking about a company with a massive fuckton list of customers and as far as I can tell 5-6 support representatives. If you wonder why data recovery, why don't you ask our designated OS reinstaller, magiobiwan . I'm sure he can give more insight into the matter.

TL;DR: Y'all raging too much. They may be fun to hate, but think of the stress THEY'RE under before you try to add to it.

Agreed and to add I bet they're dealing with a more complicated situation then what we've learned so far.

• their 5-6 employees working 8 hours a day it would take about 3 days

Kinda hard to run a company and work at Kohls at the same time

• vnetvnet Member

'm Looking forward to this service provider Final solution!

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

50% off shovehost VPS. Just email us at [email protected] and we will get you online :) first 25 orders only!

• As @Rallias said, it IS very hard for a small support staff to keep up. Since this whole SolusVM thing started, @sb_ and I have been quite busy handling manual provisions, OS Reinstalls for customers, and all sorts of minor SolusVM involved things for people's KVMs which they can't do themselves. I can't imagine what CVPS is going through right now, having to deal with node restorations, etc. AND a shit-load of tickets coming in from customers demanding that they handle THEIR VPS FIRST BEFORE ANYONE ELSES because they didn't make their OWN backup and they have sites down and customers threatening lawsuits and blah blah blah. Seriously guys, give CVPS a break. That said, CVPS could be handling Communications and PR a little bit better.

• @shovenose said:
    50% off shovehost VPS. Just email us at [email protected] and we will get you online :) first 25 orders only!

ALL of your BetterVPS customers just lost 100% of their data when Incero pulled the plug on you 4 days ago. Why would anyone want to pay even 50% off for rm -rf?

• Everyone give Mr domainbop a hand. Mr bop are you sexually attracted to mr shovenose or something? You seem like you have a hard on for him.