Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BlueVM warning.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BlueVM warning.

KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
edited November 2017 in General

In an attempt to avoid mucking up another on-going thread that is very off topic, my research into this new company is very alarming to say the least. While I know many of you will see this a one company bashing a competitor, I assure you what I post is not my own information and this just serves as a warning for all.

In addition to them copying BuyVM's theme, Justin/Nicholas Johnson has a history of theft/scamming:
http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=970402
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1896630
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1951419
http://makecashnow.biz/forums/nulled_scripts/auroragpt-t1286.35.html;wap2=

A quick whois lookup of BlueVM shows Justin/Nicholas Johnson's e-mail as (note the typo as it makes it unique and identifiable). A quick search of this e-mail address on Google provides even more information about his fraudulent ways.

Comments

• Wow, you found more than me :D

Heh, yes, I don't want nothing with them...

• The full story is as follows: I launched a company with Yomura LTD called site penguin, it was one of the first providers to offer specials to LEB. (look it up)... They offered to fund my projects and host all of the companies services and I would manage it for 50% each. The company lasted about a year doing very well, until Yomura pulled my funding and took over the company's websites and locked me out of everything. I had a few documents in writing, but no way to link it to them. At the same time I lost my job and was unable to pay my bills including the bills to help me develop a billing script which I had been preselling. So I launched it quickly hoping that people would like it and it'd sell a few copies enough to pay the bills, but instead it got backlash and failed miserably... so I shut down the servers and gave up until I was able to find a stable job and begin building from the ground up. I know what I'm doing and have managed servers for years, but because of the actions of people, which I had no control over I was forced to crash, burn and restart.

I did not take the money, Yomura LTD did and if you research their company you will see just how many people have been effected by their tyranny. All of the people I could refund have been refunded and if someone comes forward with a legitimate complaint I will address it. They cost me my company and all of the hard work I had put in. I will not make the same mistake twice by allowing scamers to control my projects. I'm not asking that people immediately trust my company, I am just trying to rebuild what I once had and earn the respect of the community. I know it won't be easy, but I hope everyone understands.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2012

Sound plausible but...

1) Why use different first names?
    2) Why were people still looking for you last year for the money you took from them for your billing system (which costs nothing for you to develop so lack of a job is no excuse for you to abandon it completely and disappear from those sites you, not Yomura LTD, took money from people on)?
    3) Why are you providing stolen software to people?

1. I was encouraged by the staff of Yomura Ltd to not use my first name as it can lead to problems with identity theft down the road.
    2. I wasn't the one developing it, at least not in its entirety... I had support from Yomura Ltd. but their programmers backed out and I was left with just the code and a domain.
    3. I provided a copy of a outdated piece of software (in 2009 version 4.1 of that software was out) I had a copy that was nulled by the original creator of the software so I shared it on the forums. He had given it to me for development and testing purposes and told me I could do whatever I wished with it. Probably not the smartest decision, but then again I've made some pretty dumb ones.

Also...

4) Why are you claiming to be an LLC when you are not registered in Colorado as one?
    5) Why did you copy BuyVM's website content and design?
    6) What is FlyLie.com and what are they to you?

I also want to say that the fact that you've taken the time to answer my questions and responded to this thread professionally and with a level-head speaks volumes for you compared to the kiddie hosts out there.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited January 2012
    1. We aren't registered as an LLC. We do have a tradename in Colorado for BlueVM. Why? Did we post somewhere that we were an LLC?
    2. The content wasn't copied. While the designs are similar (my fault and this is being addressed), the text on the site isn't a duplication of theirs and neither are our plans.
    3. FlyLie is the gaming side of our operation. From there we manage our mumble servers and other game server clients. We wanted our VPS division to be separate, because gamers and webmasters are usually two different groups of people. We also own free mumble host. (Just to make sure all the bases are covered). By we I mean myself and Arsene Plaire my business partner who I've known for years.

... and the reason I'm answering is because I want to make sure that people don't get the wrong impression of myself or of those I work with. I understand if people are skeptical about me and what I work on considering the past, I would probably be too if I were in their shoes. Hopefully this goes some of the way to helping you understand where I'm coming from.

Also if you have any questions about my intentions your welcome to come try out a VPS on me for one month. We can use a review and I know you'd be honest and fair in the matter since your well aware of my past.

edited January 2012

@BlueVM said: We aren't registered as an LLC. We do have a tradename in Colorado for BlueVM. Why? Did we post somewhere that we were an LLC?

Your logo says "BLUEVM COMMUNICATION LLC"

As for the rest of my questions, thanks for the answers.

• BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited January 2012

Ah I didn't design it, however I will fix it right now and I will post it on our FAQ just to make sure people understand. One of my former designers put up the page. In all reality, I'd rather just go with WHMCS and forget about the design... but my business partner wanted it, so I agreed to provide it.

• @BlueVM said: did not take the money, Yomura LTD did

I don't buy that one bit, if Yomura LTD took the money why were YOU giving refunds? Simple, you have been caught and now you're trying to pass the blame on to a defunct company.

@BlueVM said: and if someone comes forward with a legitimate complaint I will address it.

You don't have to look far past the links above to people whom have complained that you are ignoring them and not responding.

@BlueVM said: I will not make the same mistake twice by allowing scamers to control my projects.

Scammers did not control your projects so stop blaming others for your screw ups. It's an ongoing theme with you to blame others.

@BlueVM said: Ah I didn't design it,

See that ongoing theme there.... blaming others. Thought you just said you weren't going to let "scammers control your projects" yet here you are, unable to even get your company's registration status correct.

@BlueVM said: I am just trying to rebuild what I once had and earn the respect of the community.

It will be short lived as history is already repeating itself.

Thanked by 2marrco bijan588
  • BlueVMBlueVM Member
    edited January 2012

As for the refunds I gave, I had 3 sales after they locked me out which I redirected to my paypal. I refunded those payments... I understand what it looks like and I guarantee 6 months from now BlueVM will still be around, 1 year from now the same will be true. I know some people will never believe me, but that is their choice.

As for the design issue, I didn't notice it, but that doesn't mean I chose to let it happen, which is why I have updated it. In addition I have already chosen someone to work on our new design and we will have it up within the next week. However like I've said before to the owner of BuyVM (Fransisco), if he dislikes the fact that we're temporarily using a design very similar to his we will gladly take it down.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Of course we don't like it but I left it to the community to take a swipe at you :) We've taken it up 2 - 3 times on WHT already for theft and LEB has pointed it out on the frontpage.

There's an old saying, "never interrupt your enemy while they make a fatal mistake". While you aren't my enemy, the premiss is still the same :) We didn't even have to provide the rope you're hanging with this time. If anything, you should be thanking @kujoe & @joel for bringing this up now before you put in a request to @lowendadmin to get listed on the homepage, as it would have likely been a fatal blow.

Francisco

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran
    edited January 2012

Who wants to take bets that he is currently rushing to get a new site and domain up and running that isn't linked to his past?

Looks like BlueVM has been nipped in the bud.

• NarutoNaruto Member
    edited January 2012

That's not right, Francisco. People should be thanking me too. I'm the one who asked if it was a joke about how similar it was for KuJoe to read my reply which lead to him making this thread. I want credit too. Thanks. :/

Nobody even laughed at the Smurf joke.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Their website is ugly, even though they copied BuyVM's layout. At least BuyVM looks nice.

• @Infinity said: Their website is ugly, even though they copied BuyVM's layout. At least BuyVM looks nice.

Hehe, I actually think we just got used to the site.

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited January 2012

@BlueVM said: As for the design issue, I didn't notice it, but that doesn't mean I chose to let it happen, which is why I have updated it. In addition I have already chosen someone to work on our new design and we will have it up within the next week. However like I've said before to the owner of BuyVM (Fransisco), if he dislikes the fact that we're temporarily using a design very similar to his we will gladly take it down.

How about the stolen text/content too?

You didn't even bother to change the order things were in

• Too many excuses.

• How about the stolen text/content too?

But he says he didn't ripped the text... o_O

• yomero, how dare you. @ These things you did.

• Thanks fosr the warning

• Association with Yomura in the past = wouldn't touch them with a bargepole.

• As a show of good faith towards the community we are offering 10 of our VPS1 plans for free for 1 month to anyone who would like them using the coupon code: FREEMONTH.

http://www.bluevm.com/billing/cart.php

In addition if the lowendadmin would like a VPS from us we are offering him a VPS3 with us free for 6 months.

edited January 2012

LMFAO, now that's not spam..

• It's not spam. He offered those services for free and posted in a thread already about his company as a "show of good faith towards the community" as he stated. This thread already had links to his site on it. Not like he was linking to it again with an offer that costs you anything.

• @BlueVM - You'd do better with simply apologizing, continuing to abide by community rules, and move forward without drawing any attention to yourself for a bit. Whilst solid service and a good product can go a long ways in recovering a tarnished reputation, simply giving away service (especially in a manner that would simply have someone choose to continue an existing VPS as opposed to signing up to purchase) will only be seen as base bribery.

• Off topic: http://www.webscorpion.com/vps.php

Who would pay $70 a month for 512 RAM?

edited January 2012

@Naruto said: Who would pay $70 a month for 512 RAM?

That's high to the nth degree >.>

• Off topic: http://www.webscorpion.com/vps.php

Who would pay $70 a month for 512 RAM?

I bet the I/O is great since there's no-one on their servers ^^

• justinbjustinb Member
    edited January 2012

@littleguy said: Who would pay $70 a month for 512 RAM?

I've paid $135 for a 1GB server at a premium place. It was VMware with failover/HA and fairly amazing IO though.