Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vps6.net reviews?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vps6.net reviews?

xeldaxelda Member
edited January 2012 in Providers

Hey all.

Recently discovered http://vps6.net in my search for a host. Anyone have any experience with them? Their live support seems really active,and one of their support team people told me they are a relativity new startup. How do they look?

Comments

• There was a pretty lively discussion about us (including 1 or 2 reviews) at Damian's link. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Thanked by 1Caasi
  • Go far away and never look back. One word, Dann "I just create companies then sell it after a few months" Fry is back!

he already ruined telvps, ionvm and numerous others

Thanked by 1gkz
  • Today vps6 asp.net connect Asia is very bad

• @6685331 said: Today vps6 asp.net connect Asia is very bad

It's always a plus to bring in proof.

• I wont buy from VPS6. They suspend servers without notice and I think thats a complete disregard of client. additionally, this site is run by Dann Fry check out the thread at WHT http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1112954

• who is behind the company? no answer yet, could be Dan Fry or it might not be Dan Fry.

Buy at your own risk.

• @apollo15 said: he already ruined telvps, ionvm and numerous other

uptimevps too. as shown on the WHMCS Database?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

If you're going to do your research, follow through. Dan Fry does not run vps6. ServerGurus owns and operates vps6. As for being suspended, there's two sides to every story. Why did they suspend you?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

No, you're getting confused now. UptimeVPS was run by someone else, we can be pretty sure Dan Fry may have started VPS6 however I doubt he still runs VPS6, they seem to be in fair hands but have had a bit of issues lately. Somehow I still hate the Dan Fry inspired design, you can just tell that it's Dan Fry's taste.

• dude this thread again?

Thanked by 1jar
  • VPS6 is great, regardless of their ownership. LA seems to have had some issues -- they just moved datacenters/providers/idfk a few days ago -- but Chicago seems quite solid, barring the occasional network dropout.

Fastest & most consistent network speeds of any VPS provider I've had, also.

Thanked by 1jar
  • The Chicago location is full though, sadly

• Signed up 4 months ago on turkey germany and romainia.

Germany had voxvolly ip range from romania. Not good for geo. They.credit de.to ro with no issues.

Good support and emails

• Yeah.. stop with Dan / Donn Fry thingy. Just backup, backup, and backup if you really worry about it.

• @jarland said: Why did they suspend you?

that is a good question :)

• VPS6 is great, ignore all the paranoid retards.

• Do not ever make the mistake of considering this company for hosting, if your sites and data have any importance at all to you. I was a long time customer of several years, and in the last 2 our VPS went down a total of 14 times, sometimes twice in the same month for days on end.

Each time Tech Support, which is outsourced to India, tried to solve the problem they received absolutely no cooperation from management resulting in hours of waiting with no response as none could be given. The VPS would be down for days at a time with nothing being done because management was either absolutely unbothered about or actually too brain dead to understand how to solve the problems they had with the data centre they were currently using at that particular time. I say this because they kept changing data centers every few months because they kept being booted off by their current service provider.

After all the chaos, their Service Level Agreement, promises a refund based on the downtime experienced. It's all lies! The instant we tried to claim the refund, we were told that nothing would be done about it and if we decided to make a charge back complaint with our bank they would cancel our account effective immediately which they did do without a second thought.

Ron who was their Director was actually fired from the company for being a useless and lazy manager and has been replaced by people of the same caliber.

They do not care about their customers, they even had to increase their fees due to the amount of charge backs they received from irate customers. Do not feed these thieves. They once were one of the best VPS providers in the business, but they've become lazy and work more like thugs.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THESE MONKEYS.

• Seriously. This necro. I don't even.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Epola - When were you last a customer?