Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Open Source project looking for sponsors
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Open Source project looking for sponsors

jimaekjimaek Member
edited June 2013 in General

About

jsDelivr is a free CDN (Content Delivery Network) where any web developer can host their files, including CSS, fonts, JavaScript, jQuery plugins, etc.

jsDelivr is a public open-source CDN where anyone can submit a project to be hosted and delivered by our network.
Most people probably know that Google hosts jQuery and a few other popular libraries.

We don’t look at the popularity of the project to approve it for inclusion in jsDelivr. Plus a lot more types of projects are allowed, like CSS frameworks, fonts, WordPress plugins etc.

And by using GitHub, we allow the community to fully interact with jsDelivr by adding and updating files.

Sponsors

Currently jsDelivr is sponsored by:

Info

Its been around from June of 2012 and is getting more popular every month.
Currently serves around 2TB of traffic per month.

More information

What we are looking for

• CDNs - Min Requirements: At least 500GB of monthly traffic. Custom CNAME. Custom CNAME SSL. Pull Zone.

• Hosting companies that resell major CDN providers (except from OnApp and NetDNA)
    • Hosting companies that have their own CDN networks.
  • POPs - Min Requirements: 20GB HDD, 500GB Bandwidth, 512MB RAM

• VPS servers with good network speed and uptime. Must be in a location we do not already have. Refer to network map. (Portugal and Italy would be great! Any other location we do not have will be awesome as well)
    • Dedicated servers with good network speed. Any location will do.
    • Specialized file storage services with FTP or Rsync access. Must support Custom CNAME and SSL.
    • All POP locations will be used to serve static content. Nginx+SSL will be installed. We do not expect big CPU loads.
    • The traffic is load balanced by intelligent software that will monitor all POPs for performance and uptime.
  • Web services to integrate our CDN.

• Companies to help us promote our services.
  • Developers/companies that want to utilize our CDN for their (non-profit)projects.

What we can offer

• About page link
  • Logo in footer
  • POP location on Map with name of the company
  • Media mentions - Current Media/Mentions/Links
  • We will consider any other request

*We wont offer all of the above to all sponsors, it depends on the offer.

Thank you

Thanked by 1mrTom

Comments

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Cool stuff, I would help you out however it seems you already have Dallas covered.

• awsonawson Member

Malwarebytes is blocking your site (188.95.51.84), you might want to check that out.

Thanked by 1InfiniteVPSRyan
  • jimaekjimaek Member
    edited June 2013

@awson Strange, looks good for me:

Looks my hosting provider had his IP blacklisted for some reason. The website itself was not hacked and is safe. I will enabled CloudFlare to hide the IP and make sure there are no issues.

Regarding the block lets chat via PM to keep this thread clean.

• awsonawson Member

@jimaek Yeah, I have no idea. You'll probably want to submit a false positive if it doesn't go away.

2013/06/01 22:22:32 +0100   LAPTOP  Matt    IP-BLOCK    188.95.51.84 (Type: outgoing, Port: 11973, Process: chrome.exe)

forums.malwarebytes.org/?showforum=42

• Sent you a PM

• jimaekjimaek Member

Two companies already donated 2 locations. Waiting a 3rd one for 2 more.

If anyone else is interested contact me.

• jimaekjimaek Member
    edited June 2013

Here it goes, our new awesome sponsors:

FAPVPS.COM - Lenoir, NC

OISSITE.COM - Irvine, CA

LEAPSWITCH.COM - Ukraine and Portugal

Thank you guys! If anyone else wants to help please PM me.

Now jsDelivr rocks with 63 Global locations. Plus I switched to Akamai DNS so even more uptime and performance.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited June 2013

FAPVPS

WHOA! End is near!

• jimaekjimaek Member

@seriesn I know, interesting name :) But their VPS is quite fast and responsive.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@jimaek said:
    Here it goes, our new awesome sponsors:

LEAPSWITCH.COM - Ukraine and Portugal

Thank you guys! If anyone else wants to help please PM me.

Now jsDelivr rocks with 63 Global locations. Plus I switched to Akamai DNS so even more uptime and performance.

You are welcome :)

• jimaekjimaek Member

Bump in case anybody is still interested.
    Also here is a list of all sponsors:

• NetDNA - Unlimited traffic and SSL
    • CDN.NET - Traffic and SSL
    • Cedexis - Load balancing services.
    • UserVoice - Unlimited plan of their product
    • FAPVPS - 1 VPS in USA
    • OISSITE - 1 VPS in USA
    • Leapswitch - 2 VPS in Portugal and Ukraine
    • Prometeus - 1 VPS in Italy
    • FinnDNS - 1 VPS in Germany with Unlimited 1Gbps traffic
    • Supremebytes - 1 VPS in Los Angeles with plenty of 1Gbps traffic
    • SecureAX - 1 VPS in Singapore

More info http://www.jsdelivr.com/sponsor.php

PM me or email me [email protected]

• What locations do you still need?

• @jimaek

You could consider OVH's €2.99 dedicated

• jimaekjimaek Member

@concerto49 said:
    What locations do you still need?

Any locations will do. The load balancing algorithm is smart enough to work with multiple servers in one location.

• vemacsvemacs Member
    edited July 2013

Looks like CDNJS. Extremely similar to CDNJS. Almost an exact copy of CDNJS' principles.

• jimaekjimaek Member

@vemacs
    Currently yes, the projects are very similar except from the infrastructure.

But when I first published jsDelivr it offered a lot more features than cdnjs.
    I want to think that my project made them rethink their policies and become more flexible.

But still jsDelivr network is much bigger and resilient. If CloudFlare goes down cdnjs goes down.
    If NetDNA goes down nothing happens, if CDN.NET goes down nothing happens. For jsDelivr to go down the whole Akamai Anycast DNS network has to go down or NetDNA+CDN.NET+all sponsors at the same time.

Check the uptimes http://www.cdnperf.com/

I want to think I put more love in my project than they put in theirs :p

• @jimaek if you make your site responsive I will donate my moral support.

• jimaekjimaek Member

@natestamm I am a sys admin and my web dev abilities are limited. Plus mobile users are not really the target audience. So sorry :( Maybe in the future

• ATHKATHK Member

Plus mobile users are not really the target audience.

Regardless! creating a template using bootstrap is more simple than starting from scratch!

• I agree it looks like a great service jumping on board with a wrap in bootstrap would be some thing to do sooner than later.

• jimaekjimaek Member

I will try to do it when I have free time, but can't guarantee anything. If you have any other feedback please let me know.

• @jimaek said:
    Any locations will do. The load balancing algorithm is smart enough to work with multiple servers in one location.

Would be happy to provide a buffalo location. Maybe more. How to get started? Your offer for a sponsor is great and it's a good cause to support.

• jimaekjimaek Member

@concerto49 I sent you a PM

• jptechjptech Member

@jimaek @ATHK I've been using bootstrap some lately, so if you need anything, just PM me. I do some web development & sys admin stuff. Anyway, it looks like a great project. Best of luck.

• jimaekjimaek Member

Added:

• nDeviX
    • Nodepop
    • Azzavps
    • SouthBendServers

jsDelivr now has 95 POP locations around the globe!

Thanked by 2zfedora ihatetonyy
  • ATHKATHK Member

@jptech .. I am a web developer :) I don't need any help with bootstrap thanks.

• jptechjptech Member

@ATHK Haha, no, I was referencing your comment about bootstrap. I was just saying I could pitch in a bit with @jimaek's project, and I have experience with bootstrap.

Thanked by 1dnom
  • ATHKATHK Member

@jptech makes no sense to include me in your post then? lol

• jptechjptech Member

@ATHK Probably wasn't thought out... It happens. I think I started to agree with you, and then I changed what I put to say that I could help and didn't take you out. My b.