Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official Q/A - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Official Q/A

Comments

• martip07martip07 Member
    edited May 2013

I don't understand why the big deal.

Because of all this the cost of service get expensive, there is no more vps or dedicated servers?

Nothing is changed .... So there is no need of drama.

• nunim said: We don't think you're building a death star, yet.... This site is supposed to be unbiased but that's difficult when it's run by one of the key players in the market.

There are no articles being written about how great CC is. CC doesn't even sell VPS servers, we are a server wholesaler. The site is as unbaised as it would be if LEA was operating it.

• LAKidLAKid Member

@SysAdmin would you answer my q?

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

@SysAdmin - The fact is that CC owns LET and so there is a bias. People are just snooty and have a problem with that. I see no problem with it as long as you allow offers from non CC companies and non-bias/freedom in threads.

• @SysAdmin, can we get level3 back in Buffalo?

• NickONickO Member

SysAdmin said: There are no articles being written about how great CC is. CC doesn't even sell VPS servers, we are a server wholesaler. The site is as unbaised as it would be if LEA was operating it.

You wouldn't dare completely ban ChicagoVPS from posting here, or LEB as they're a large customer of yours and you could risk losing them. Still not bias?

• SysAdminSysAdmin Member
    edited May 2013

bcarlsonmedia said: I see no problem with it as long as you allow offers from non CC companies and non-bias/freedom in threads.

There has been, and will continue to be.

concerto49 said: can we get level3 back in Buffalo?

10GE Level3 is exceptionally expensive. Level3 is in Buffalo, but it's not preferred. Perhaps in the future we will derive some more economy out of Level3, but they are holding firm.

• SysAdmin said: There has been, and will continue to be.

Oh, bullshit.

• NickO said: You wouldn't dare completely ban ChicagoVPS from posting here, or LEB as they're a large customer of yours and you could risk losing them. Still not bias?

CVPS employees have been regularly banned for misbehavior.

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

@SysAdmin

Still not answering my question I see...

• bobsbugs said: Oh, bullshit.

It's not

• mnpeep said: Still not answering my question I see...

Regarding what? The income from the site?

• mnpeepmnpeep Member

SysAdmin said: Regarding what? The income from the site?

Yes, I would like figures, not "a little" or "average" or "a lot".

• SysAdmin said: It's not

Oh, really, prove it then. heres how I understand it...
    If its a provider inside colocrossing network, it magically gets put up faster, if its not, then it'll take a few MONTHS.

I miss @LowEndAdmin

• NoermanNoerman Member

@Spencer said: How much do you make a month off of LET/LEB?

+1

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

bobsbugs said: Oh, really, prove it then. heres how I understand it... If its a provider inside colocrossing network, it magically gets put up faster, if its not, then it'll take a few MONTHS.

I miss @LowEndAdmin

That isn't far from the truth alas. I have a friend that it took over a month to get listed where as CC providers that literally opened their doors last week were getting ads & listings.

Francisco

• LESLES Member

When was leb/let was sold to you?

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep
    edited May 2013

That isn't far from the truth alas. I have a friend that it took over a month to get listed where as CC providers that literally opened their doors last week were getting ads & listings.

My last offer was posted like 2 days after I sent it in.

Edit: I also just noticed that the text editor is not working correctly.

• YAY. My question
    Why do you host so many iranian clients even though its illegal?

• bobsbugs said: YAY. My question

Why do you host so many iranian clients even though its illegal?

Because they have US address? :P

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

why u no

• vRozenSch00n said: Because they have US address? :P

Still Illegal.

• My offers have always been posted 2 months after submissions.

• We've owned it since last year.

I have no clients that have Iranian addresses in our system. This keep getting brought up as if it's some kind of conspiracy like I'm Oliver North during the Contra affair in the 1980's...

• MunMun Member

@SysAdmin said: You know guys, at the end of the day you can witch hunt us, but I won't understand why. We've kept the community going as a silent partner for some time with the primary person involved didn't wish to operate it anymore. We helped the community with free service before that.

Tons of our customers host you guys, and we're big into the market and supporting it. We're not a colossal, evil empire like your making us out to be. As much as Darth Vader is my favorite character of all time, I won't ever be him.

Is this just becuase we haven't enabled IPV6 yet?

You became this when you hid it from us. It wasn't right for people like CVPS_Chris to be welcomed back over and over as he was mainly a troll and was never going to get fully banned, no matter what he did. It isn't right either that people like @chief were just figure heads.

We are a community and as such we want to know what is behind the revolving door.

It isn't also right that your customers break the rules and get special privileges. As such I vote for a network that is not involved with any company so that there might be equal moderation.

I think I will be closing my account after this, as if you can't tell us the truth, then why should we even be here.

• unusedunused Member

@SysAdmin said: I have no clients that have Iranian addresses in our system. This keep getting brought up as if it's some kind of conspiracy like I'm Oliver North during the Contra affair in the 1980's...

Are you sure you/CC aren't a front for the Iranian Government? Is it true that servers are regularly shipped off to tehran for repair, and you guys eat yummy kebabs and flat breads regularly while operating a day care?

lol, couldn't help myself.

• Plenty of people have been welcomed back after a ban. I've gone over this.

• MunMun Member

@SysAdmin said: Plenty of people have been welcomed back after a ban. I've gone over this.

what about pubcrawler?

• @SysAdmin I hope you can be as fair as you could and as unbiased as one can be. :) I'm just a long time reader, and I have no interest other than to have a reliable and cheap VPS and maybe some friends that I can trust.

• Mun said: what about pubcrawler?

pubcrawler was banned and unbanned several times.