Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UniqueGeek VPS (UGVPS) Review
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

UniqueGeek VPS (UGVPS) Review

BenediktBenedikt Member
edited May 2013 in Reviews

Hi,

I bought an @UGVPS -LEB a little more than a month ago and it runs amazing. It costs $19 USD for 6 months which is a great offer indeed. It's located in Atlanta.

Specs:
2048MB RAM
2560MB Burst RAM
60GB DiskSpace
2000GB Bandwidth
4 CPU Cores
1 IPv4 Address
OpenVZ/SolusVM

Deal: http://www.lowendbox.com/blog/ugvps-19half-year-2gb-openvz-in-atlanta-chicago-los-angeles/

I did not experience any outage yet. My current uptime is 29days, caused by a reboot I ordered back then. The average time for the support to answer is 30 minutes (I actually just wrote two tickets). Me and some other costumers noticed an issue according to the bandwith which was quickly used up. But they figured it out somehow because I can't tell that this is still a problem.

I moved my blog from my Hetzner VQ7 VPS to this one after a few days because of it's great performance. It runs MySQL, nginx and PHP (Wordpress) as well as OpenVPN. OpenVPN is installed on every of my VPSses and the UGVPS one hadn't had any issues yet (Hetzner did well too but another LEB provider failed at providing TUN/TAP without getting noticed every day that it's disabled again).

With all that software installed UnixBench says 2003.7 points with all 4 cores. I/O is 275 MB/s and ServerBears bandwith benchmark got 62.1 MB/s. It's not the best according to ServerBear but it works great for me and it runs unbelievable stable.

I'm happy to answer every question and I recommend @UGVPS to everyone who wants a great LEB.

Benedikt

Comments

• ahmiqahmiq Member
    edited May 2013

I am a @ugvps customer too!.. Other then this new guy in their customer support , Alec or something who gave me a very stupid excuse for something i requested but Crystal is very nice and humble and cleared things up. Everything is Perfect. +1

Cpu : 4
    System uptime : 23 days, 22:45,
    Download speed : (62.0MB/s)
    I/O speed : 257MB/s

• I am a @ugvps customer too! just word to say : perfect !
    i have about 17 VPSs with them, all run smoothly. My english is very bad, but their support staffs are very friendly !

Thank you !

• I've got one of these too, but my experience with Support was different. I had opened two upgrade tickets on their site. In both these cases, it took more than 4 days to address the tickets. In both instances I had to contact them again to get them to respond to the tickets.

As far as servers are concerned, they perform fine. For a $19 per year plan, these are adequate and do the job.

• I had VPSes with them (4GB and 2GB). All was good and no downtimes. Support is great, but sometimes it took more than 6 hours (not bad).

• BenediktBenedikt Member
    edited May 2013

@Joelgm : yeah, I think it's the best to try to get in contact with Crystal. These prices are just so cheap the support can't be the absolutely best but as I said, they answered quite quickly so far and the nodes are running great.

I'll probably also try other locations with them soon.

• davidavi Member

From last 10 days I also had one VPS from UGVPS and upto now it good and support tickets are also replied in good time.

• ahmiqahmiq Member

@Benedikt said: yeah, I think it's the best to try to get in contact with Crystal. These prices are just so cheap the support can't be the absolutely best but as I said, they answered quite quickly so far and the nodes are running great.

I'll probably also try other locations with them soon.

how can can you asnwer questions for UGVPS? are you representing them?

• JoeMeritJoeMerit Veteran

any shills in this thread?

edited May 2013

@ahmiq said: how can can you asnwer questions for UGVPS? are you representing them?

facepalm

I did not answer anything. I just agreed on your statement that this support guy might not be as helpful as Crystal is.

Why is anything on LET going into drama...

• BradNDBradND Member

@JoeMerit said: any shills in this thread?

>

Exactly what i was thinking

• @JoeMerit said: any shills in this thread?

@BradND said: Exactly what i was thinking

I love how nobody can publish a review these days without being branded as a shill or something similar.

• DerekDerek Member

UGVPS has pretty good uptime and performance for a budget provider. I like them because they are like most solusvm/whmacs providers, a solution that just works.

• seriesnseriesn Member

@Benedikt said: a shill or something similar.

After the recent LET chaos, I wonder why.

• nerouxneroux Member

Reading http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1256552 it looks a bit scary though

• nutjobnutjob Member

@neroux said: it looks a bit scary though

I read it and basically a customer did a chargeback and UGVPS decided not to respond to it thus holding up the refund 2 months. I can't say I blame them.

@Benedikt said: I love how nobody can publish a review these days without being branded as a shill or something similar.

I'm pretty sure you got paid to say that. But I'll say that I might get another one of their services (I currently have 2). I'm willing accept a discount as payment for saying that if you're reading this UGVPS.

• nerouxneroux Member

@nutjob said: I read it and basically a customer did a chargeback and UGVPS decided not to respond to it thus holding up the refund 2 months. I can't say I blame them.

From what I can read the host refused the refund and only then the dispute was opened. See http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8665036&postcount=31

• nutjobnutjob Member

@neroux said: From what I can read the host refused the refund and only then the dispute was opened

They have a no refund policy (after a certain period) and they were an existing customer.

Anyway, no need to rehash it here, people can read that thread and make up their own minds.

• IshaqIshaq Member

edited May 2013

@nutjob said: I'm pretty sure you got paid to say that.

I wish I would ;-) But seriously, what did I do wrong? What make you guys think that i'm a shill?

• No drama please...

• davidavi Member

Since last 10 hours my VPS at bufnode2 is down and no reply from them after 3 support emails.

• quddusquddus Member

@davi said:
    Since last 10 hours my VPS at bufnode2 is down and no reply from them after 3 support emails.

I am on "bufnode2" which is still up and have no problems at all.
    I am just a customer like you since last on moth.

• davidavi Member

It is up now and working after 11 hours. They told "There was a issue with file system which has been fixed now and caused this downtime."

• quddusquddus Member

@davi said:
    It is up now and working after 11 hours. They told "There was a issue with file system which has been fixed now and caused this downtime."

Not using much
    didnt check it before.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited May 2013

their customer support , Alec or something who gave me a very stupid excuse for something i requested

I posted my thoughts on Alec on WHT a few months ago. He couldn't even figure out how to do a traceroute. to the right IP address...

@Jack said:
    All these OVZ providers that state 'file system errors' I never once had issues with a file system when running OVZ systems.

"file system error" is a catchall word used by some OVZ providers who would be lost if they didn't have Solus to hold their hand. The rough translation of "file system error" is "I don't know what the f*** I'm doing" :P

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • Did UniqueGeek close their business? The website is not reachable but my VPS still up.

• O.M.G

Thanked by 2eLohkCalb ihatetonyy
  • mariusffmmariusffm Member
    edited December 2013

They got problems with their Domain.

Collocrossing.com gave me the correct URL.

Use the url: http://www.ugeekvps.com

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@mariusffm said:
    They got problems with their Domain.

Collocrossing.com gave me the correct URL.

Use the url: http://www.ugeekvps.com

They've got problems with much more than just their domain.

• Is anyone else getting a bad link / bad request going to ugvps.com?