Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM inside WHMCS?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM inside WHMCS?

shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
edited May 2013 in General

So, I really hate, (as @jarland and @ryanarp agree) that it's silly to have two interfaces with two logins... one for SolusVM and one for WHMCS...

Anything for WHMCS that has most/all of the SolusVM functinoality?

Comments

• No

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Yeah, sure there is - their module for WHMCS.

Pretty sure it has graphs, reboot, shutdown and etc. buttons.

• SkylarMSkylarM Member

The whmcs module is missing other functions such as OS re-install, rDNS if you have it, etc. Unfortunately without paying for a custom whmcs module it isn't possible.

I'd def pay to have someone code something similar to Hostbill's WHMCS module for sure though.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

It doesn't have enough though... no reinstallation, console, change hostname, etc...

Oh... so HostBill does have this built in?

• jhjh Member

@shovenose said: Oh... so HostBill does have this built in?

Yeah, you should get HostBill :)

• ryanarpryanarp Member, Patron Provider

Yea host bill can do all that they wrote their own module.

• bcrlsnbcrlsn Member

Yeah, you should -get- HostBill :)

Keep hostbill.

• fileMEDIAfileMEDIA Member
    edited May 2013

@SkylarM said: The whmcs module is missing other functions such as OS re-install, rDNS if you have it, etc. Unfortunately without paying for a custom whmcs module it isn't possible.

I'd def pay to have someone code something similar to Hostbill's WHMCS module for sure though.

You can write addons for this functionality. Solusvm provides all options to integrate this function in whmcs.

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Would have to be custom, I am doing something similar now.

ok i will use hostbill thanks

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited May 2013

It's all part of the admin API. Leaving the buttons out doesn't increase security. Whmcs has more login security than solusvm right now if you enable 2 step auth.

Use custom.php to add to the client panel in whmcs. Better option is write your own module. It's actually not that hard.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member

Virtualizor has a really great WHMCS plugin

• marcmmarcm Member

@Jeffrey - I haven't tried Virtualizor in over a year. How are the bugs and such? Is it working right now?

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@shovenose said: ok i will use hostbill thanks

have you seen their pricing lately, definitely not LEB friendly haha

• marcmmarcm Member

@rsk - it's being discussed here: http://sqz.io/hbsux

@marcm yes I know, it was a rhetorical question :P

@marcm hhhh

• @marcm said: @Jeffrey - I haven't tried Virtualizor in over a year. How are the bugs and such? Is it working right now?

Tried it earlier. Still feels horrible.

• smansman Member
    edited June 2013

I am trying to access the Solus Admin API from within WHMCS. That is the the best way to do this. Anyone have any luck doing that? They don't have any coding examples like they do for the client API, just a guide on using the API once connected. I know how to pull the API ID and Key from the WHMCS DB. I need a coding example of what to do after that to actually use the Admin API.

The features available in the API are not complete but it's good enough for now and they say they will be adding more features to it.
    http://docs.solusvm.com/admin_api

You can also create a new key pair on the Solus Master control panel and access it directly. However, if you do it that way any changes you do on the Solus control panel would not be reflected in WHMCS. It would be ok for things like a reboot button though.

• Solusvm addon for whmcs is enough for openvz and xenpv, we wrote a script for reload OS inside whmcs client area, which means our client don't need login solusvm panel.

screenshot: http://www.comfortvps.com/VPS/How-reload-os-my-vps.html

But it's too many work to get solusvm functions all inside whmcs client area if client want HVM or KVM

• @ComfortVPS said:
    Solusvm addon for whmcs is enough for openvz and xenpv, we wrote a script for reload OS inside whmcs client area, which means our client don't need login solusvm panel.

screenshot: http://www.comfortvps.com/VPS/How-reload-os-my-vps.html

But it's too many work to get solusvm functions all inside whmcs client area if client want HVM or KVM

where i can get that??

Old thread much?

• thats not free
    and maybe need master solusvm right?

• XSXXSX Member, Host Rep

HostBill can't support KVM and HVM reinstall os.

• Hey guys, there's this magical file called customerfunctions.php or custom.php in some versions of the SolusVM WHMCS module in which you can CUSTOMIZE THE CLIENT INTERFACE IN WHMCS.

Daily reminder that running a hosting company is not rocket science.

• The Modules Garden SolusVM Extended plugin brings 90% of SolusVM functions into your WHMCS client area.

Only thing it ready doesn't have is the ability to kick off a quick backup.

Its a one time fee for it and you do still need a SolusVM master server.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

1+ for modules garden plugin for whmcs/solusvm automation